FREE! Drupal in a Day Training (Syd 15-Mar)
Drupal in a Day Training
FREE! Drupal in a Day Training
Date: 15 March, 2013 - 09:00 to 17:30
Location: Level 3, 2 Martin Place Sydney
On 15 March Technocrat will be participating in the Drupal Association's Drupal Global Training Days initiative. Technocrat's experienced trainers will be providing free training for people interested in learning about Drupal for the first time.
There are only 10 places available, so we expect to fill up fast.
Get a solid introduction to Drupal and learn about the most essential features and concepts of Drupal through hands-on activities. By the end of the day you will be familiar with Drupal terminology and be able to identify how many Drupal sites are constructed.
This course is aimed at anyone who's just starting to use Drupal as a content editor or site builder. Everything is provided and no coding skills are required!
What is Drupal?:
Drupal (pronounced drew-pull) is web development software written in a popular scripting language - PHP. Drupal has both a point and click interface to allow tech-savvy people to put together websites with no programming experience, and Drupal also has an API and framework for programmers to develop unique applications. And it's all free- it's opensource.
Consider a career in Drupal:
Drupal has become wildly popular over the last 5 years, and there are many jobs available for people from a variety of backgrounds. This should be great news in an economy where students are concerned about finding meaningful, exciting careers with growth potential. Because of this, we're working hard to grow Drupal talent, not only for ourselves, but for our clients, our partners and our community.
Drupal users include government agencies (such as Whitehouse.gov, US House of Reps), media organizations (AlJazeera, The Nation, The Economist) , not-for-profits (Amnesty International, World Economic Forum) and many companies who are realizing the benefits of open source.
- Students exploring options for careers in web development, cloud computing and infrastructure, design, sales, marketing.
- Career switchers looking to expand on their prior experience.
- Self-starters who are curious and want to learn new skills that are in demand.
- People with some prior experience of or knowledge of web development.
Pass it on!
If you're already familiar with Drupal, please send on this link to someone who you think might be interested.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS preferable.
- By the end of this training you will be able to:
- Explain how a typical site is built in Drupal, and explain the page-model in Drupal.
- Use Drupal specific terminology such as fields, views, node, block, page.
- Determine what skills you need to develop to reach your goals.
- Know where to go to find career opportunities in Drupal.
- Articulate the various roles and opportunities available.
What is provided:
- Free lunch
- Expert trainer
NOTE: Please bring your own laptop. All other necessary training and software components provided by Technocrat.